Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing

Tile Shop Michigan - A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing The content is good quality and helpful content, That is new is that you never knew before that I do know is that I have discovered. Prior to the distinctive. It's now near to enter destination A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing. And the content related to Tile Shop Michigan.

Do you know about - A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing

Tile Shop Michigan! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

Great Play From A Great Name

What I said. It isn't outcome that the real about Tile Shop Michigan. You read this article for info on a person need to know is Tile Shop Michigan.

How is A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Tile Shop Michigan.

You can be sure fullness of folks will remember "the play." It came in the second quarter of the 1973 Orange Bowl game against Notre Dame when Johnny Rodgers threw a touchdown pass to frosty Anderson.

"I wasn't supposed to be in for that play," frosty Anderson said. "We knew the play would be there and it would be an easy six." It was and the rest of the night was a disaster for the Fighting Irish. But, that's not the game that frosty thinks of as his best game.

"The Wisconsin game was my best game," he said. "We kept getting behind and then I finally scored and put Nebraska ahead. I idea that would do it but Wisconsin came back and scored. That's when Tony Davis went to work with one of his three rushes for about 30 yards each." Nebraska won.

"Someone came up and made a comment that I had something like nine catches and 160 yards," frosty said. "I didn't think much about it even though it turned out to be an I-back type of performance."

It's not surprising frosty might turn in a memorable doing against a Big 10 team. He comes from Big 10 roots. His father, Forrest, Sr. Who was better know as "Forddy" coached basketball at Michigan State. The family moved to Scottsbluff where his dad accepted a basketball coaching position. frosty became a standout for Scottsbluff and caught the eye of Nebraska coach Jim Ross during a Scottsbluff-Fremont game.

Coach Devaney knew Frosty's dad from his days as an assistant football coach at Michigan State.

"I all the time assumed I would be headed for Michigan State but when the Nebraska offer came, I idea what the heck and signed," he said. Not bad decision when you think that only two years later, the young Scottsbluff star would be wearing a National Championship ring.

Like all freshmen players in those days, frosty started in the Nebraska freshman football program. That team only had one loss. "We lost to the Kearney State first team," frosty said.

"Jim Walden was our freshman football coach," frosty said. "He was my first experience with a 'south-mouth' and he preached three things: be ag-ile, be mob-ile and be hos-tile. frosty red-shirted his sophomore year.

"I'm what was known as hope of the second team," he said. "To play at Nebraska, you have to be top-notch, be accountable for what you do, and be patient. That's just the way it is." frosty got knocked colse to on the scout team and was "Blackshirt bait" before he earned his day in the Memorial Stadium sun.

His first varsity touchdown came on a Van Brownson pass during a Utah State game. "It was off of a hook pattern out and up," frosty remembered as a smile came over his face. "He roughly overthrew me and I had to lay out for it but I got it."

Patience and custom paid off as the talented split end inched up the depth chart. He made the Abc Sports feature films with a clutch 3rd. Down and 15 yard catch against Colorado. "It was a spoton seventeen yard down and out pattern and I caught it."

Not all went the Husker's way during Frosty's senior year. "We went to California to play Ucla and Mark Harmon and they beat us. I lost my beginning job at that game," frosty said. Oklahoma also throttled Nebraska, 27-0. "It took roughly seven years before I stopped taking that Oklahoma defeat personally."

In spite of the losses, frosty earned All-Conference honors at his split end position and also academic honors. "I met Mark Harmon at the academic event and he told me they were positively afraid of Nebraska. I was surprised by that."

The pro scouts noticed Frosty, too. The New Orleans Saints drafted him in the eighth round as a wide receiver. His pro work lasted two years. during his first season, he went in late in the first half against the New York Jets, with Joe Namath at the helm, and separated his shoulder. "They had to keep me because of my contract, but I got cut the next year."

That ended football for frosty Anderson. frosty is still in great shape and is an avid runner. "Not the marathon stuff," he quickly pointed out. "I don't have time for that."

If he turns colse to in his office chair just a little, he can look out his 11th floor office window and see Memorial Stadium but the football memories don't consume him. "When you have kids, you soon find out that they aren't impressed that you played for the Huskers. They just want their diapers changed. It didn't take long for me to move on."

He has come to be a unique fan, too. "People need to remember that they are just kids. Kids don't hear you. Nobody had to tell me we played a bad game or we lost a game. We knew it. It's just a game."

Not in Nebraska, Frosty, especially with a great name like yours.

I hope you have new knowledge about Tile Shop Michigan. Where you possibly can put to use in your life. And above all, your reaction is Tile Shop Michigan.Read more.. here are the findings A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing. View Related articles associated with Tile Shop Michigan. I Roll below. I have recommended my friends to help share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share A Story From The Stands - What Have previous Nebraska Football Players Learned From The Game - freezing.


No comments:

Post a Comment